How to Remove People from Messenger and Facebook, it can be really helpful for keeping in touch with friends and famous personalities, but misusing and annoying people on messenger can turn the experience into a nightmare.
It doesn’t work for me in the current version as well. As Facebook keeps on updating its interface, it also renders the interface more complicated to use every now and then. For example, integration with Messenger and Instagram makes it difficult to understand how one can delete a messenger contact.
Update July 2021 –
Recently we released a new Messenger update and it seems that users are confused as to how they can unfriend someone. This is understandable because the last time Messenger went through a facelift was back in 2011. Basically, there are now two ways.
Facebook and Messenger in 2022
As the world evolves, so do technologies that help make the most of daily lives. Mobile applications and social media such as Facebook Messenger are no exception to this. As a mobile-first company, we believe it’s important to be part of the generation of global progress – introducing more ways to connect with friends,
family and peers on our platform – all while consistently prioritizing your privacy. We’re constantly enhancing our Messenger experiences – including more options to easily reach the people and businesses you want to talk with.
Using the mobile version of Messenger, you can add a contact with the help of a mobile number or email address. The platform allows users to advertise various products and services offered through their Facebook profiles and access direct customer feedback so they can improve their sales techniques in the future.
You may also be able to establish relationships with potential customers through Messenger when it comes down to sharing details about your business offerings with other people on Facebook, without worrying about spammy messages from strangers either.
How to Remove Friends in Facebook
You can remove someone from messenger by going to the ‘People’ section and clicking on the person you want to remove or do an “unfriend” of your friend or block them depending on what the situation is. As well, you can delete the individual from your Facebook contacts.
Sometimes Facebook and Messenger seem to work as two different applications, but they are completely integrated with one another.
So if you want to permanently delete someone from your Messenger list in 2021, the process is different depending on whether they were removed from Facebook or not and what kind of device they were removed from.
In this post, let’s see how to delete messenger contacts.
How to Remove Non-Friend from Messenger in 2022
If you’re an avid user of Facebook Messenger (I know, who doesn’t love that app?) you may have noticed a new interface format rolling out in July 2022.
I’m actually not complaining because I like the way it looks now – with the different tabs clearly labelled. However, if you’re anything like me and prefer to keep things tidy by occasionally deleting contacts from your virtual address book there’s some good news for you.
- Open the Messenger app. Tap on the People tab at the bottom.
2. Tap on the person icon at the top right-hand corner. All people will be listed.
3. Tap on the info icon (i symbol) beside any contact you wish to remove.
4. On the next screen, Tap on Remove Contact. This should delete non-friend from the messenger.
How to Block Non-Friend on Messenger in 2022
1. Steps 1 and 2 are the same.
2. Tap on the non-friend in your contact list.
3. On the next screen, you should see his info and chat details.
Tap on the I icon at the top right-hand corner.
Tap on Block on the next screen.
If you are friends on Facebook, the only way to unblock him/her is by blocking him/her.
If you are friends on Facebook, the only way to unblock him/her is by blocking him/her.
How to Remove Someone from Messenger in 2022
If you use Facebook Messenger too much, sometimes it’s good to lessen the number of people you talk to at one time so that you aren’t overwhelmed with messages and details.
On Facebook, one way to cut down on friends is to FB message some people and tell them that you won’t be available as often. Maybe they will be OK with it; perhaps they will get annoyed, but that’s completely up to them.
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your mobile.
- Tap on the Person icon at the top right-hand corner.
Scroll through to find your contact. All Facebook and Messenger contacts are listed here.
- You cannot remove a friend in Messenger.
That option no more exists in the current interface.
4. Tap on Facebook friend contacts in your Messenger.
The contact details will be visible. Tap on the info icon (i symbol) at the top right.
5. Tap Block on the next screen.
The options to remove someone from Messenger or Facebook are visible in the next step. Tap the – symbol beside the block.
5. Tap the – icon beside each option.
Tap Block on the next screen. This setting can block a contact on Facebook or Messenger. You can also unblock again.
What happens when you block Block Messages and Calls?
If you block someone on Facebook, they won’t be able to see posts that you share on your timeline and your friends’ timelines. They also won’t receive calls or messages from you.
If you are in a shared group with this account, you will still see and communicate with us. If you wish to stop communicating with us, you can leave the room or group
What happens when you block on Facebook?
You will have the option to unfriend a person immediately or delay until that day comes when you are at peace. You will be able to block them from Facebook posts but they will still be a part of your friends’ list. Blocking conversations and calls is optional,
it all depends on how serious their predicament was regarding the friendship that you once had. Some people do not expect an immediate reply.
How to Unfriend in Messenger in 2022
- Tap on the Facebook friend you want to remove.
- A pop-up opens with Facebook personal details.
- Tap on View Profile
- Tap on View Profile on Facebook.
- the Facebook app will open.
- Tap the three horizontal dots below the profile pic at the right corner.
- Profile Settings will open.
- Tap on Friends, and a pop-up will open.
- Tap on Unfriend.
It will unfriend your friend on Facebook.
How to Remove a Facebook non-friend in 2022
Follow steps 1 – 7 as above.
Since you are not friends, only follow option is available.
8. Tap on Block. Confirm the setting.
It will stop him from seeing your status updates on his timeline, mention you, invite you to events or groups, respond to your comments and/or messages and add you as a friend.
This year, the Messenger and Facebook apps have slightly different interfaces compared to last year.
Read More –
You can easily and even quickly delete conversations of people you have added in Messenger, or on Facebook for messages. You can block a contact you don’t want who can be a friend or non-friend. Someone appears as a friend or trust in your chats panel if he/she accepts your request from Facebook.
How to Block Contact in Messenger
- Open Messenger app in Android.
- You can view all the contacts in Messenger and also imported from Facebook.
- Long press the contact your want to block.
Three options appear now.
Press the option with 3 lines.
On the next pop-up screen, select “Block“.
9. You can also press “Delete” to remove the contact and conversation history.
Note: Click on the trash icon to immediately delete the chat history or click on the person’s name to unadd that person and remove him/her from your friend’s list. If you are blocked, you can unblock yourself in both messenger and Facebook at the same time by using this feature.
How to Block Non-Friend in Messenger
1. Tap the contact you want to block or remove. (normal tap)
2. In the next screen, you see an info (i) option at the top.
3. Tap it.
4..On the next screen select the “Block” option
How to Unfriend Someone on Messenger
To remove people from messenger, you can either unfriend or block or delete them. Since the Facebook and Messenger apps are connected the first thing we’ll do is located the profile of your friend to do this task.
- Open your Facebook Messenger. Switch to the People screen and you should see your list of friends, people, and contacts. Locate the person who you wish to unfriend, tap on that contact which should open their profile than from the top left corner click the X.
Tap the Info icon of your friend to see their profile and tap the chat icon to send a message. You’ll be able to type out a message to communicate with your friend and can tap the “i” icon at the top right corner of each chat bubble to view other shortcuts such as profile details.
- To add a friend, open the Messenger app and then enter their contact information. You can also look them up by someone who’s already on your contacts list! To find their contact information, open the Messenger app and tap on their name to find out more about them, such as what other social media accounts they use.
- Click “View Profile on Facebook”. This will take you to the Facebook app. Once you open the app you can see your friend profile information on Facebook. Click “See More” to open further details.
- This is the Messenger app that I’m using on my Android phone. If you take a look at your contact list, you will see the name of people who are your friends regardless if they are on Facebook or not. This means that when you tap on anyone’s name and open the chat window, it will automatically connect to them.
Tap the “Unfriend” option.
How To Remove Someone from Messenger in 2018?
Let’s start by taking care of some distinctions. If contact is removed in Messenger, whether the person was your friend or not becomes irrelevant because they still won’t be able to message you.
How to Delete “Unknown” or “Non-Friend” Contacts in Messenger
- Open the Messenger App on Android.
- Click on the contacts icon at the bottom.
- Then click the “All Contacts“. Or you can search for that particular contact.
- Beside each contact, there is an “i” symbol rounded. Click it.
- On the next screen, you see “Remove contacts “.
- Click it and he will be deleted from the list.
Note: The above interface and screenshots are taken from 2018. The latest images of 2019 in dark mode are mentioned above.
How to Delete Friend on Messenger
If you just unfriended someone so that they don’t pop up in your phone book anymore, we’ve got some bad news for you. It doesn’t work that way unless the person is a stranger to you on Facebook and has no mutual friends with whom you share friend connections.
In that case, if you want to avoid them popping up on your Messenger app, it depends on the version of Android or iPhone you have.
In Android versions from 4.1 to 4.4 or older, you first have to uninstall/unfriend the person in question and then remove him/her as a contact – otherwise, they will continue showing up on groups conversations even if they weren’t invited. Just open the app drawer and click it away.
If the version of Messenger is 4.5 or newer, however, all you need do is scroll down until the Unblock section appears (see right pic) and simply hit Unblock next to their name.
How to Remove All Contacts in Messenger
You will also be able to delete all contacts as well, but before you do that make sure that you have disabled syncing with your Facebook account otherwise your phone will re-sync them again by default.
How to Find your Contacts in Messenger in Windows 10
There are different ways to find the Messenger App in your browser.
You can click the app icon at the top row beside the “Friend requests” icon.
When you click on your Messenger icon, you will notice a list of contacts. At the bottom of this window, you will see an option that says “See all in Messenger”. W
hen clicked on, this link will take you to a screen that contains your most frequently contacted contacts as well as all those messengers which are not currently marked as favourites or blocked.
When you click the Messenger icon, the contacts list is populated on the left-hand side.
There is a gear icon that represents settings.
When you click it, you see further options.
One of the useful options is “Active contacts”.
So if you click it you can see who are all active on the Messenger list.
You can also access Messenger from the Facebook home page. On the left-hand side, it is available.
How to Delete Someone on Messenger [Completely]?
The procedure involves a 3-stage operation.
- Delete from Messenger
- Block all Messages
- Remove Contact from Facebook.
To complete this activity, follow these steps.
- Open the Messenger app from Facebook.
- Search for your friend, contact, person.
- Select the contact.
- Click the gear icon (settings).
- Click on the “Block messages” label.
- Then click on the “Delete” label.
- It will display a pop-up window – “Delete Conversation“.
- If you want your conversation also to be deleted, click “Delete“. Otherwise “Archive“.
- Now go to the People app on Facebook and find your friend.
- Click the 3 dots beside “Friends“.
- Now click the “Unfriend” item.
- Log out from Facebook and log in again.
Even when you block people from Facebook Messenger, they stay in contact with you as your Facebook friends. You also have the option of blocking them here if they’ve been sending you content you do not appreciate or respect. Tapping this button will mean that the friend’s name will be removed from your general Facebook contacts list too.
However, when you search for that person by their name in your Messenger list, it will show up as a contact. If you unfriend them and wish to remain in touch with them, you can still add them back to your Messenger list; just click the + icon and send them a friend request.
How to Remove Non-Friend from Messenger?
As you can see above, “Jeff Corpuz” is not a friend of mine on Facebook. But he has recently sent a question about SEO which is my area of expertise and he appears in my Messenger list to boot.
The procedure is the same as the process I showed above.
- Click the gear icon against that contact.
- You can see several options.
- Out of them, Delete and Block messages are relevant here.
- When you click Delete, this contact will be removed from the messenger.
- The same is duplicated in your Messenger mobile app.
In future, if I do not want to receive messages from him in the messenger app, I can simply switch on the blocking function. This will prevent him from adding me again via messenger.
I have some important chat history that I don’t want to lose. It’s quite important for me actually. How can I ensure my data is saved?
How to Block Contacts and Messages from Particular Users?
Even after deleting a contact in Messenger, if somebody is sending you messages it’s so annoying, they keep coming in and they’ll clutter your contacts list. As the list grows, Messenger becomes slow and may also cause hang up.
But when you block someone on Facebook, that person is given the option to send an email notifying that you’ve blocked them. The notice will look as follows:
You can also turn off your mobile search option on Facebook, using the “Privacy” setting mentioned above.
This will prevent a lot of people from being able to find you using your mobile number. You can do the same with your email also.