How To Turn Off Conversation View In Outlook 365 view arranges important conversations that you want to save in chronological order into a thread. The latest conversation appears at the top and the older ones below it. All the messages are gathered together onto a single subject line – which can be collapsed and expanded by clicking on an icon to the left of it.
Case Study: In my early days, I worked in the purchasing department and was required to forward numerous emails to the vendor companies related to their best-quoted rates across all vendors. This process required a long negotiation between myself and the specific vendor via email until finalization.
Outlook’s conversation view saves me from a lot of headaches every day. This feature is available in Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 – but it has changed a bit for each version. I recently sat down with the new version (2016) to try out the improved conversation view.
In this article, we will show you how to turn on or off Conversation View in Microsoft Outlook 365 and other versions of Outlook. Since the process is similar across various versions, this guide is applicable for Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016 and 2013; as well as Outlook for Microsoft 365 users.
How to turn on (email grouping) conversation view in Outlook?
When you first launch your product, setting up all of the features for your users is an important step. When you have a new feature, it’s important to make it clear what each feature does in as little text as possible and make sure that the most important steps are highlighted by making them stand out more than other features.
- Lunch Outlook
- Click the View tab at the top of your Outlook home screen.
- Select the check box in front of Show as Conversations, in the messages section.
- The most common thing that seems to worry people even after they have taken proper precautions is not the physical act of falling, but the possibility of getting manhandled by the police or some other law enforcement agents (this happens more often than it should in this part of the world).
- Selection automatically runs the spider and you’ll notice a little triangle-shaped next to threads that have been marked as read.
- Click on the triangle and you can expand all the messages in the chronological manner that have been grouped together.
When you click on a message in the reading pane, it’s going to be listed above all the other messages, which makes it much easier for you to keep track of important conversations. If a conversation has new changes or if there is a message that needs more attention, you can easily tell because of the dark highlighting:
How to change conversation settings in Outlook?
Once you set a conversation view in Outlook, the conversation settings option activates from which you can select various options to better visualize your data.
- Show messages from other folders: When selecting a view while on the conversation you have to select both the sent items, in order to complete the threads
- Show senders above the subject: Outlook shows name before Subject line, and reverse on non-selection.
- Always expend selected conversation: This option always expands the view, once you open the conservation by clicking on the triangle symbol.
- Use classic indented view: Outlook shows you all the email messages in the hierarchy scenario in case it was selected, otherwise, you can see all the threads in a list.
How to disable conversation view in outlook 365?
Outlook puts off conversation mode, once you uncheck the “Show as conversation” option from the view tab. After you uncheck all the settings returned to normal and Outlook works like it’s supposed to.
Grouping and ungrouping emails in outlook 365 is a great new feature available for users of Outlook 365, 2016, 2013 and 2010. To learn how to use this feature visit the Microsoft website. Grouped messages are great tools for using when reaching out to clients or customers because it makes communication far more efficient, and can save on time.
How To Remove Conversation View in Outlook 365 Web?
The conversation view in web-based Outlook.com is a great way to view your group chats, but if you wish to turn it off completely, here’s how:
Visit Image: by clicking on the thumbnail of any single conversion thread you can go directly to that conversion message and get a quick snapshot of how the campaign developed in time.
Steps to disable conversation view in Outlook.com
Here is the step you follow to turn off the email grouping in the Outlook web.
- Using a web browser, go to Outlook.com
- Select the folder, Click to option (Gear sign logo) on the right-hand top corner of the screen to open Quick Settings.
- Scroll down to the conversation view.
The Outlook threaded view holds the position of most popular in Outlook, allowing users to save email conversations that consist of back-and-forth messages in a single thread for reference later. With the threaded view, you can add participants to a conversation by replying quickly,
and look back on your previous messages should you have questions about just who said what at any time during the exchange. In this blog post, we’ll show you all of the methods used to turn on/off Conversation View within Outlook 365.
Frequently Asked Question:
What Does Ignore Conversation mean in Outlook?
Not everyone is a good communicator and not everyone communicates well. This can be frustrating for you if you are someone who values clear, concise communication and it can be infuriating for the person on the receiving end of your misunderstood communications.