There are many situations when you would want to copy your outlook emails onto your computer.
How Do I Save Multiple Outlook Emails To Hard Drive?
- For the backup purpose “How to save multiple emails in Outlook”
- Formating your system required your outlook behaviour as before.
- Transferring/ Migrate all your emails to another operating system/workstation.
- The merger of two email accounts.
If you use Outlook on your computer, either at home or in business it is necessary to back up Outlook emails regularly. One of the best ways to do this is by saving them with a software program designed solely for this task. Here are a few that we recommend [step-by-step]:
How to Export [.ost/ .pst] file from Outlook Email Application?
This technical piece of content may sound a bit difficult to absorb but the steps laid out in this step-by-step process makes understanding it relatively simple and straightforward. It’s a lot like working with butter: just keep things simple.
- Step 1 – As you have probably figured out by now, it is very important to keep regular backups of your valuable data to prevent losing any of your data in the event of information theft or computer deletion. In order to do that, all you need to do is stabilize yourself and click the File Tab on the left-hand corner of the outlook screen.
- Step 2 – In the second step, we will learn how to export your Excel file. We will also teach you how to import that same file again at a later point in another workstation – so you can start it all over without having to worry about re-performing all of the steps again. The Import-Export Data dialogue box looks like this.
We thought about how to get to this box in two ways. Option A and Option B.
# Option A – After Click File tab >> Open & Export >> Click Import/Export
# Option B – After Click File tab >> Options >> Advance >> Export
In both the options Import and Export wizard appears in Step 2.
- Step 3 – Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Step 4 – Select the outlook data file (.pst) and click Next.
- Step 5 – In order to transfer outlook emails to the hard drive, choose Inbox to export for complete data, if you want some specific folder select accordingly.
Note: The Filter option available in ‘Export Outlook Data File’ is a great feature! This allows the user to create selection criteria and optional choices of items that need to be included in the data file.
- Step 6 – After clicking next, you have to browse the file, where you want to save, there are three options also available 1) Replace duplicates with items exported 2) Allow duplicate items to be created 3) Do not export duplicate items.
- Step 7 – This processor finally asks you to create a password.
- Step 8 – If you are creating a new Outlook Data File (.pst), an optional password can help protect the file.When the Create Outlook Data File dialogue box appears, enter the password in the Password and Verify Password boxes, and then choose OK. In the Outlook Data File Password dialogue box, enter the password, then choose OK.
- You can check the file where the copy is saved in your hard drive, that file can be used to transport user data to another workstation.
How to Export Outlook Emails?
- Click on the Start button >> Run.
- Type Control Panel to open it.
- Click User Account under the control panel Dialog box. User account icon
- Select your account.
- Select the Mail option and double-click it to open.
- The next step is to click the Show Profiles option.
- Select the Outlook profile you wish to move your data from and click Properties. Click on Data Files.
- You can back up the .pst file by clicking on the Personal Folders Service option.
- Click on Settings and check out the location of the .pst file.
- Finally, you get the location all you have to do is copy the .pst file to any location of your computer.
Copy Outlook Data File [.ost/ .pst] to Hard Drive manually
You can manually copy Outlook emails to a new folder. The one drawback is that the email files contain the entire email data so they tend to become large very fast, particularly if you’re trying to copy from an old PST file (which is prone to corruption).
In this method, users need to copy the Outlook data manually from its default location and then transfer it to any other internal or external location.
Follow the step:
Here are the steps you need to follow to use a hard drive and Microsoft Outlook.
- Step 1 – Step 1 is the beginning of finding your location where all your outlook mail already exists. Click to file tab >> Account Settings.
- Step 2 – Click on Data Files and you can find the exact location of your Outlook data file on your system.
- Step 3 – Now select which email id you want to save from multiple Outlook Emails to Hard Drive and click open file location.
- Final step- Once you’ve reached the mail file location, all you have to do is copy the file (.pst or .ost) anywhere you want as a backup.
Microsoft Outlook has two helpful methods for keeping your data backup. They are a “File OST” and a “Backup PST.” Both these methods help you make a fair copy in the case of an emergency. I never suggest using software to solve these two issues.
We are not going to lie to you; every user’s main concern when it comes to backing up their Outlook files is that they do not want any harmful effects on their Outlook profile. The truth is there really isn’t anything to worry about because nothing leaves Outlook unless you allow it to in the first place. You can still see and have access to all of your emails.
If you are looking to move your email from a .pst or .ost to another system (like Outlook) you will need the same type of file on hand as well!
In this blog, we have covered both manual and automated ways of performing this task. Automated data exchange is the key to successful information technology in recent decades. Personally, I use these tricks when I want to backup my Outlook emails by saving them directly to the hard drive for future reference purposes.
All employees should have a “professional address” that acts as their store of shared contacts for when one leaves the company. This will help new companies to get in touch with any employee who joins them by using this email contact which is useful for both companies. It’s similar to the gold you mine from a mine; it’s useful and precious, but it costs money to compete for it in the first place.
Using any of these methods, users can easily export their Outlook data. Always make a backup of your valuable email data. It’s important to have a copy of a hard copy just in case you lose or mistakenly delete any of the important data.