How Outlook Search Attachment Name File In Outlook, according to a recent study, 34% of all email attachments are never opened. Finding an email with an attachment in Outlook is simple but can be time-consuming if you have to go through numerous messages just to find one
For example: In my last role, I was a big fan of keeping the project plan and progress organized. For this reason, I used to send an email on a daily basis by forwarding a recent update of our project and progress on the file that were transferred earlier. The only variation in the file name was based on the date.
It can be difficult to search for multiple similar emails in Outlook even if you filter your search down to specific attachment files.
And if a handful of other people at your company have accepted an invitation they don’t want, they will receive multiple notifications which then grow in number.
In this article, we will walk you through how to search email attachments in Outlook by name.
Search Attachments in Outlook Having File Name
If you remember even a part of the attachment name, you can still find out if it’s a word in that content. Follow the below steps to find it if this is the case:
Related Post: How To Create Multiple Signatures In Outlook
- Open Outlook 2010, 2013
- To Enable the Search Tab Click on the search bar
- Click the More>> Attachment Contains on the Refine group on the Search
- Attachment Contains below the search bar that appears.
- Enter the specified file name of attachments or some words in the specified file name to locate the email.
- Enter the Keyword, and you will find your required email with the attachment.
If there are many files to be attached to one email, you may want to further refine your search by using some additional words or figures:
How To Find Out Attachments By File Name In Outlook 2007
The Outlook 2007 method differs from the above method in how it scours the message body for certain words. It also highlights each file separately, How Outlook Search Attachment Name File In Outlook making them easier to find.
- Open Outlook 2007
- Click on the down arrow sign on the right-hand side of the search bar.
- Then click the Add Criteria drop-down arrow to open the categories.
- Click Attachment Contains:
- It will open up the Attachment Contains box, where you can enter the keyword (attachment file name entire or partial).
- After a while, you will find out the attachments whose file names with the entered text.
Apart from the above method for finding emails, see below to find out how you can easily search based on a specific file extension.