How To Change The Date And Time Format In Outlook? when you receive an email in your inbox, the date and time of that email are at default adjusted to “best fit” format which means that if the date is 4/12/1997 it will be displayed as APR 12 1997 –and eventually going down to a week later, which in turn would mean that it will change the display format from DD MM YYYY (04 12 1997) to DD MM MYY (04 01 1997).
You can change the date and time format according to your requirements. In this article, you will learn how to change the “date and time format” in Cookie cutter.
Steps to Change Outlook Date/Time Format
Related Article: Where To Find QR Code In Microsoft Outlook
To change the date format in your inbox folder, follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Select the folder (inbox, send, trash, etc.)
- Click on View Tab >> View setting.
- Advanced View Settings dialog box, Click Format Columns.
- Another dialog box “Format column” appears. >> Select received from the left navigation section.
- Click on the drop-down list in the format column.
- Select your specific format and click Ok.
Apart from this, you can even adjust the alignment (left, center & right) as well.
The difference in both the format is clear:
Change Outlook Date/Time Format in Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 is an old version and approaching to the “Advanced view setting” dialog box is quite different:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Click View >> Arrange by >> Custom
- An advanced view setting dialog box appears and further steps are similar to above.
Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders
Note: You can only change your date format for a specific timeframe in Gmail. If you would like to apply the same formatting to another period of time, follow these steps:
Let’s upgrade the date format of one mail folder first, and then make it apply to all of the other mail folders.
- Click View >> Change view >> Click Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders.
Reset current view
In case you need to reset the Outlook date format back to your settings, click on the folder > go to View settings > click on Reset whole page from the Advanced View Settings menu (refer: image below).
Change Outlook Date in Outlook web
In Outlook.com, you can change the language, date and time format and time zone setting at any time by heading to Settings.
- Open Outlook web (Outlook.com)
- Select your folder >> Click on setting (gear logo) on the right top corner of the screen.
- Select date format from the dropdown list.
Click Save, and your email will automatically come up with a new date using the format you just chose.