Outlook platform operates multiple email accounts at the same place, and is able to arrange mails from all different accounts into a single place on your phone or computer.
If you manage to link up a number of calendars for example Google Calendar and Office 365, you will immediately be able to compare and contrast both in a single site.
In this article, we will show you how to effortlessly merge two Outlook calendars, one from Google and one from Yahoo.
Here are some of the most popular holiday-related searches that our customers use:
Moving beyond, and making things clear, if you like to merge two different calendars or holiday lists for example, here’s a quick tutorial that demonstrates how.
With the help of the single calendar, you will be able to view your official holidays and personal ones too.
How to overlay multiple calendars in Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop application, an electronic personal information manager, created by Microsoft. Calendars are not included in the basic installation of Microsoft Outlook but can be added as an add-in.
Related Post: How To Search Email by Date Outlook
In Outlook, click to the calendar in the navigation portion, select a couple of calendars, then check your calendar on the screen.
For some people, simply having multiple calendars on your screen isn’t enough. It can be overwhelming to have so many calendars on one screen and this is especially the case if you are in charge of managing a large number of projects.
Outlook overlay calendars simply allow you to view multiple different holidays and events all in one place on a shared calendar, so you can always see what the dates look like for all of them at once.
How it works?
- Select your calendars >>Go to view tab >> select month >> click Overlay
- Open the single frame in the “Calendar” tab. The events for each of your calendars are listed on separate rows colored according to their source. You can click on an event and see its details, including any holidays occurring within that period of time.
How to Combine Calendars?
Another way to merge your Microsoft Outlook calendar is by using the copy and paste option.
- Open Outlook 2016 >> Select all your calendars from the tabs at the bottom of the screen >> Press CTRL + J.
- Pop up appears that you either lose the chance to paste your data into a special calendar, or merge it with data that is already in another one.
- Click OK, our calendar is merged with each other.
- Switch the Calendar to the list view.
- Select all the event listed in your particular calendar you will to copy, (click Ctrl + A)
- Click the right button >> use the move to folder>> select the specific folder.
- The list of holidays will be deleted automatically from the existing calendar and added to your selected folder.
How to Import and Merge Calendars in Outlook?
Exporting and importing Outlook calendar is the best way to merge two or more calendars together. This seems practical.
It is a two-step process, which includes transferring items from one calendar to another.
Understand step by step tutorial in two parts, How to sync two outlook calendars.
- Exporting the calendar from “A”
- Importing the same calendar in “B”
Step 1: Export Outlook Calendar
- Open Outlook >> Click file tab >> select Open & Export >> Click Import & Export outlook calendar
- Import and Export Wizard, select Export to a file.
- Click Next
- Export to a File dialog box appears, select Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Click Next.
- Export Outlook Data File dialog required to select the calendar from a specific email id and click next.
- Select the folder location and file name to save the file or you can select the folder location click Browse and enter the file name.
- Keep all the default settings as it is and Click Finish.
- Enter the password and verified password to keep your attachment/file protected >> Click OK
Your folder of data will save on your computer’s desktop in a password-protected file. You’ve successfully navigated through the first part of our course to reaching this point.
Step 2: Import Outlook Calendar
Now you have your folder (.pst) file. Here is the step-by-step guide on import Outlook Calendar.
The export calendar in Outlook isn’t the same as what’s found inside the mail application on Mac.
- Open Outlook >> Click file tab >> select Open & Export >> Click Import & Export
- Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst), as you already have (.pst) file available, >> click Next
- Click browse and select your (.pst) calendar file saved in your location which was created will exporting the file.
- Select ‘Do not import duplicate‘, Click Next.
- Select Outlook data file calendar, select email id to import folder >> Click Finish.
Note: You can click the filter to select the events according to your requirement.
Trying to combine Outlook calendars can be very challenging at times. How To Combine Outlook Calendars There are plenty of ways to do it, but depending on how the calendars are set up, you may need to do a few extra steps in order to combine your Outlook calendars into one main calendar view.