How To Delete Outlook Emails By Date, how often do you empty your spam folder? If it’s full and you keep deleting emails before they reach that limit, you might be missing carefully crafted messages from important contacts.
Outlook automatically deletes old emails but sometimes they may be stuck in the spam folder instead.
Millions of people across the globe have started to rely on emails as their primary means of communication. The problem is that there are millions more emails being sent than those few people can easily handle.
And what happens if you don’t stop to pick up your dry-cleaned clothes? They’ll pile up over time, at home and in the dry cleaner.
Plus, they might wrinkle; are you going to iron everything yourself? What about the smell that might develop from never being aired out?
You should delete emails in your inbox past a certain point in time so you can better organize your mailbox. For example, you might stop deleting emails older than two weeks or the ones sent from specific people and keep them in your inbox instead.
In this article, we will talk about the ways one could delete their emails from Outlook.com before and after specific dates.
Steps to Delete all emails before or after a date in Outlook?
In this day and age, a lot of people are constantly emailing each other. For example, if a friend is planning to come over the next weekend and asks you if they should bring wine, they may choose to send you an email.
So, if your inbox is really full of emails, you’re likely not using it as efficiently as possible. It might be time for you to consider deleting some emails so that your inbox isn’t inundated with junk mail and information overload.
To delete every email older than 6 months in Outlook.com, follow these steps:
Searching email messages received on a specific date, date range, and before or after a specified date is easy.
How to search a mail by date?
To search for an email on your account, you need to click the small drop-down arrow at the top right of your Gmail inbox, then choose ‘Search Mail’.
When you open an email message in Outlook and you’d like to go back to the date it was received, here is what you can do. Just click on the “Date” button, this is located right underneath the Reply button:
Keep your email address neat and tidy by adding the date with “(Received:)”, which will indicate the time when a particular email message was received.
- Step 1 – Open Outlook.com from the browser and log into your account.
- The Step 2 – Click on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen after signing in. Then, click on the ‘View all Outlook settings’ option available at the bottom.
- Step 3 – Outlook setting panel opens, Click on General >> Storage
- The Step 4 – From the right-hand side panel, here you can find all the folders in your mailbox with current consumed capacity, Select the folder (for instance Archive).
- Step 5 – Click on the related Empty button, and select the time range, by default 4 ranges are already given:
- The Step 6 – Finally, select the option accordingly to your requirement, Then, the Final confirmation window pops up, click the OK button to confirm.
That way, you can look through your inbox and choose to delete the emails from a particular set of folders. Click on a folder and then select the specific time period for which you would like to delete the emails.
Delete Emails Before/After Certain Date using Instant Search Feature
Using the Instant Search feature, you can easily narrow down your search results to find emails received before or after a specific date – and then delete those emails in the Outlook application.
Many people find that Outlook is a good email client. Outlook makes it easy to find messages by date, time period or particular event in their history.
How to search a mail by date?
To search your inbox in Microsoft Outlook, start by clicking in the search box at the top of the screen. In that box, type “date: dd/mm/yyyy” without quotation marks; for example, “date: received 18-02-2022”. Then select all messages from and including the same day you typed into the search bar and use your arrow keys to navigate through them.
You will get all email records received on a specific date. However, in this case we need to identify emails of someone who either registered or unsubscribed before or after a certain date range.
How Does Outlook Find Email Before/After Certain Date?
The question of how to search email before or after a certain range can be ambiguous if you do not know how to use Outlook. Outlook can display all of your emails, but in order to see the ones you sent and received you have to go back quite a long time.
Type the date you need emails to be before and after that date when using a less than or equal to sign. for instance [received: <=01/01/2222]
Find and Delete Emails Before/After Certain Date Using Sort Feature
If you have Outlook as your email client, then you can sort through your emails before and after a specific date. I will show you how to sort Excel worksheets by any date and time.
- Select the folder (for instance: Inbox) from which you need to select email before/after a certain date and remove it.
- Click on the View tab, reading pane from layout >> Click Off
This is a not just any way to sort your emails, but the best possible way.
- Next step, click on the column header of received and sort the email messages by received date in descending order.
Your list is ready, now you need to select specified emails:
- In the first case, if you need to delete emails after 01/02/2022 till date, Go to the emails received dated 01/02/2022, and press Ctrl + Shift + Home keys to select all messages received after 01/02/2022, Now simply hit the delete key to remove all selected emails.
- On the other hand, you can reverse the process, if you need to delete emails before 01/02/2022, Go to the emails received dated 01/02/2022, and press Ctrl + Shift + End keys to select all messages received before 01/02/2022, Now simply hit the delete key to remove all selected emails.
This feature is a great way to locate emails you want to move. In the future, when you want to move an email for any reason, you can use this feature to relocate it.
Try New Search Folder method to Delete Emails Before/After Specific Date
If you are looking for a way to quickly delete emails from your Outlook and if you don’t know how to use the Clear and Mark Deleted Items options, then this is the article for you! There is an option called Search Folder Method that will help you delete emails before/after specific dates.
In conclusion, if you need to delete emails in bulk that are held within the inbox or any other folder of an Outlook account and they are after a specific date in the future (or before), it is possible to create a new contact in your Outlook client for this specified date on which to trigger all mass deletion of mailbox items once and for all.
Then create a rule to have such emails moved (in whole) to that specific date.
I’ve described all three of these approaches, which you should use according to your specific needs.
If you have old emails and need to know how to delete all of them in Outlook, check out this article.
In summary, I hope that this blog has made you aware of how it can be beneficial to set up automatic email filters in Outlook so that you can clear messages automatically.
If you have any questions or concerns make sure to get in touch and I’ll be happy to help as soon as possible.