One of the biggest complaints users have about email is the number of spam messages they receive every day.
It’s painful to spend hours going through junk mail to only find one or two gems among ten fake messages that are supposed to convince you to initiate a transfer.
If you receive lots of newsletters, it would be better if you could select what really matters to you and sort everything else out using folders.
Retrieving email can be eased by using various advanced search options available on most platforms these days like Gmail’s “Label” feature for example.
Deleting emails manually one by one or in bulk is a familiar task, but have you ever accidentally deleted an email thinking it was junk mail when it turned out it was something important you needed to reference weeks later?
The guide we have outlined, “How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook” will enable you to restore permanently deleted emails.
Where did you find your deleted emails?
Once you delete an email from your inbox or other folders your email will be completely removed from the system in just a few days’.
Related Article: Outlook Search Not Working
Deleted emails are found in these locations:
- The Deleted Items folder (in Outlook or your email account).
- Under Recoverable Items (with Exchange and Microsoft 365 accounts).
- In a backup location (on your computer, in the cloud, or with your email provider).
Recover Deleted Emails from Trash Folder
When you are looking for a deleted email, the best place to start is in your Deleted Items or Trash folder. How To Retrieve Deleted Emails From Outlook You can search there very easily since it is an isolated section of your email account where deleted messages go.
If you delete an email from your inbox (or trash), it will remain there until a particular period. You can reverse it before that time or have it permanently deleted.
So, say you’ve accidentally removed an email by mistake and you really need it back – don’t panic. Open the Trash folder up, select the email you want to rescue and drag it back onto the relevant folder (like Inbox).
- Select the email (you can also select using Ctrl key or Ctrl-A for the entire list) right-click on it, click move, select the folder (inbox, archive, etc.)
Right-click what you want to move, then choose “Move To” followed by either the Inbox or another folder of your choice.
If you delete an email, the Pimboo system moves the message to your drafts folder so that you can quickly recover it if needed.
Note: Once you permanently delete your emails from the Deleted Items folder, you can no longer recover them in any manner.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook (with Exchange and Microsoft 365 accounts)?
Related Post: How To Create A RULE In Outlook to Forward Mails
If you are a user of Office 365’s Exchange Online email hosting service, then you know that even permanently deleted emails are still recoverable.
This is the beauty of using Office 365 in your business, How To Retrieve Deleted Emails From Outlook or one of them at least – as it offers many different benefits to its users like security and other features that can save you time and money.
Note: Emails stored in the Deleted Items folder can be recovered for up to 30 days using the Recover Deleted Items option in the Folder tab.
Once you permanently delete the items from the deleted folder, they are moved to a hidden “Recoverable Items” folder.
To access the Recoverable Items folder:
- Open Outlook exchange account, Click on Deleted Items.
- From there, you should have an option in the navigation bar, “Recover Deleted Items From Server”.
- We show you exactly what has been deleted, along with the date and time when the action occurred. You might have some emails which you would like to restore, so you can choose your messages by selecting “Selected Items” in the Action column.
- Finally, once finished, click ‘OK’ and Outlook will automatically save emails and deposit them into the “Deleted Items” folder. Once this process is complete, you can move emails back to your Inbox again.
Steps to Recover Deleted Email in Outlook web app
Recover email that is no longer in an Exchange account’s Deleted Items folder using Outlook Web Access, you need to restore the permanently deleted mail.
- Log in to your Outlook.com account.
- Click on Deleted Items folder to recover the deleted email.
- Select the email and click restore to recover the email to the original location.
- In case you need permanently deleted emails from a deleted folder too, you can also recover those emails.
- Click Delete folder >> Click Restore items from this folder.
- You will find the list of emails which was permanently removed from the deleted folder, due to 30 days methodology or removed intentionally.
- Select your required email, How To Retrieve Deleted Emails From Outlook and click restore from the above options.
- Your email will move to deleted folder, and you can further recover using the restore option from deleted folder.
There are just a few online/marketplace options which is the best which you can use for the deleted email recovery in MS Outlook.
If you’re missing one or two key messages within a chain, ask the sender to resend the email chain. They may have the email within quick reach in their “Sent Mail” folder.