How To Set Up Multiple Gmail Accounts In Outlook 365 these days. With the world being increasingly technology-based, people use e-mails in place of letters to communicate or send any kind of documents and e-mails are not just limited to work purposes but they also come in handy while keeping an eye on important business.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the best email platforms for people in corporate and multinational companies but we’d like to point out that it takes more than just having a great email platform to succeed. It’s important to remember that individuals can successfully use Microsoft Outlook too.
Here we go to understand the process of how we can use a free web service Gmail with a Microsoft Outlook PST file.
For security purposes, you have to set up a few settings manually such as providing a username and password in Exchange (see link) and then connecting one-to-one with your Outlook account.
How to add a Gmail account to Outlook?
Here we will discuss some steps to connect your existing Gmail account (or) create a new one. There is a process for doing so, first step you need to follow an additional step required for granting clearance to the outlook server to connect.
- Step 1 – Login to the Gmail account click the setting button on the right-hand top corner.
- Step 2 – Click Setting
- Step 3 – Once you click the server type, it would switch to IMAP. This will help us sync up with your Gmail account and also allow you to send emails out of your Outlook.
- Step 4 – Click Forward and POP/IMAP option
- Step 5 – IMAP is enabled, if not Enable IMAP.
- Step 6 – Save Changes.
It is required that the IMAP settings are entered correctly. Now we need to configure Gmail for MS Outlook.
Step to configure Gmail account to Outlook
Once you have connected your account, you can use the same credentials to log in to Outlook and add contacts from any email address you choose.
When users register for an account on Gmail, they are prompted with a link that prompts them to visit the Google Plus page and follow @gmail if they wish from their Google Plus profile.
- Step 1 – Click File >> info >> Add Account
- Step 2 – Microsoft Outlook ask you to add your email Id, Enter your Gmail ID >> Click Connect
- Step 3 – A separate dialogue box appears and asks you to enter your email account password to connect your Gmail account to Outlook. Enter your password and click ‘Sign in’.
- Step 4 – Click allow for the next step, this step connects outlook to IMAP
- the server of Gmail. outlook SMTP settings
- Finally, you get the confirmation message on your screen from outlook revealing that your account is successfully added.
It’s a celebration because you’ve successfully stored the emails of your new Outlook account in archiving software that’s portable enough to work with even when you find yourself disconnected from the Internet, like on a flight for example.
Whatever changes you make to your emails in Outlook will go through and be visible to the recipient as soon as you connect back to the internet.
Outlook’s confirmation email and happily seeing your account added to Outlook’s home page and
Connecting Outlook to a Gmail account was very difficult in the past. You had to configure Outlook’s SMTP settings, plus a bunch of others – but now connecting your Gmail account with Outlook is super easy.
These steps above will help you set up multiple Gmail accounts in Outlook, for your Gmail account as well as if you are using any other email address which has not been provided by your internet provider, like Rediff mail, Hotmail or Yahoo for example.