How To Sort Email By Sender In Outlook, sorting email can be time consuming, but it’s a lot easier if you follow these three simple steps.
Discloser: I used to handle my tax filings by doing them myself. The bank emails me a statement, and as I was filling it, I make sure I print out any documents that are important to me. This way, instead of trying to search through the entire list of emails in my accounts folder, I can select the statement and then just print it out directly.
This article is all about how important email sorting is to us and how we can stay on top of our messages by using Outlook’s built-in sorting system.
How To Organize Outlook Emails Using Sort?
Files and folders are often arranged in alphabetical order based on their file extensions. Here you will learn how to sort out certain files from the rest of them using keywords or other criteria. In addition, here you can learn the difference between Windows shortcuts and Mac aliases.
- Step 1 – Open Outlook >> Select specific folder
- Step 2 – Click View Tab – Here are multiple options
The result of Every option is different according to the choice.
- Date – By Default, the arrangement is in this format.
- From –Click from above the email address to see a list in either ascending or descending order. If you see an upward arrow, your list will be in alphabetical order with numeric addresses first and then alphabetic addresses next. If you see a downward arrow, your list will be in reverse alphabetical order.
3. Size-MY FAVORITE email service provider, INBOX Inc. has a policy to restrict your mailbox’s quota in the following ways:
Setting up a quota for a team member is important for managing their tasks. This will help them to finish the task more quickly as they either have to delete some unwanted email, or work with a list that doesn’t contain many large attachments.
Sometimes user inbox may have duplicate emails in the list with the same size attachment. However, if you click Size and then select A – Z or Z – A, you’ll be able to see any duplicates in order from largest to smallest or smaller to largest.
Since this is a toggle module, clicking again with a downward arrow can reverse your results to return them in alphabetical order instead.
Advanced sorting feature
In this part, you can learn the method of sorting emails by the sender in a few steps.
Open Outlook >> Click View Tab >> Click View Setting
- Advanced view setting appears >> Click Sort
- You’re onto the next stage of your journey (selection of the right tunnel opens a pathway), where you will have several crucial features at your disposal to sort and group like emails in your folder.
- If you’re not sure what you need to do next, sorting is a brilliant idea to help you prioritise. The sorts we can choose from here are:
- There are several ways of sorting available. Here are four different sorting methods that are both simple and effective.
In the above instance email was sorted by: biggest attachment then most important subject line then name of sender then date (oldest to newest)
- Finally, click OK and you’ll receive your sorted list according to the specified criteria on the priority basis which you opted for (ascending/descending) in the “Sort by” drop down menu.
How to automatically sort emails into folders in Outlook?
Despite the above, if you’re looking for a simple solution to sort out combinations of personalized emails as per your requirement, rely on Outlook’s superior functionality – custom rules.
- Single email address – for instance ([email protected])
- Similar email domain address – for instance (…………[email protected])
How to create an Outlook rule to send all emails from your friend for example directly to a folder?
- Select your specific email >> click right >> select rule
Create “Rules” window on the screen. Select the checkbox next to the name of the person/sender you want your emails from. This creates a rule that automatically selects all emails received from that selected sender which means you won’t have to go through each email received individually.
When dealing with a collateral asset we have found that it’s often better to create individual records for each time you send out information. Why? This can help ensure future uses of the same item are easy to find. So long as you’re a fairly large company or organization there shouldn’t be a problem with keeping track of these items.
When creating these new items, let’s not utilize the subject line because the content of the message might actually change over time based on your type of business and how many messages are sent in total over given periods (bank statements do this sometimes).
Creating individual folder items will make it much easier to find things in the future. Let’s leave both default choices selected again and click OK once more to move ahead.
Select a folder that you want to move multiple messages or emails into or choose “New” in the top left of the window to set up a new label and then click “OK.”
Finally, click OK to run the rule function.
In the Folder Action Setup dialog window, click the arrow next to “Select Folder to Monitor.” From your Exchange Mailbox, select the folder you wish to monitor and then make sure that the “Run this rule now on messages already in the current folder” checkbox is checked beforehand. Finally press OK before proceeding with the rest of this tutorial.
How to Sort email with similar email domain address? [Step by Step Guide]
To create a rule for the specific domain, it is quite similar to the above-described email accounts, simple and easy to operate, this can also be done one time only.
Here is the tutorial~
Open Microsoft Outlook >> Click Home >> Rules >> Click Manage Rules & Alerts
- Press the new rule button from the rules and alerts popup.
- This opens the “Rules Wizard” window, select ‘Apply Rule on Messages I Receive’ & click next
Our preinstalled app on the device will automatically dole out alerts to us following the given rules above
You can improve the reach of your campaign by tailoring it to users in specific geographic locations, or with specific jobs or interests. To do so, you could use something like BMM targeting.
To add any number of additional domain names, simply type in the domains you wish to target into the bottom field. Click on ‘Apply Changes’. You will be able to check the names at the top of your page.
The next step is to pick “move the email to the specific folder,” this is what you want. You’ll click ‘Specific.” The system will ask you to select a folder, after which you’ll click OK and continue.
- It’s also important that you’re careful with the information you share online. For example, if you have to upload your passport or driver’s license, make sure you’re only uploading its picture and not the entire document.
- Finally the Finish rule setup wizard required some information like “Name of the Rule”, rules options and the final review before clicking finish.
You can check your rule in the “Rules and Alerts” window. Make sure that you click the Apply button to process after checking your rule in this window.
Both ways are fruitful for the user according to their requirement.