Outlook quick steps help you save time and clicks by enabling you to perform a series of actions with just one click.
If you have previously dealt with Microsoft Outlook then you will be aware that their Office 365 platform has a number of functions that make the whole process of understanding emails and working with emails on an individual level much easier.
For example automatically deleting emails from specific contacts once they arrive at your inbox, grouping together all messages sent by one email address into a specific category of outlook, customizing rules to work in conjunction with certain email addresses or subject lines.
Quick-Step gets your work done in a single click, which saves you so much time by cutting out the boring unproductive parts.
In this article, you’ll learn all about Shortcuts in Windows.
Outlook Quick Step Email Template [Customized]
All of the quick steps above are predesigned for Microsoft Outlook users. If you have Outlook 365, you can create your own Quick Steps template.
Related Article: How To Send Large Files Through Outlook
We make it super easy for you to take full control of your inbox. You can execute any action in a single-click with Quicksteps, such as forwarding an email as an attachment or moving it to the desired folder.
Open Outlook >> Click to Home Ribbon >> Go to Quick Steps section
Drupal Commerce offers you a lot of opportunities for your business. With the help of Drupal Commerce, it’s very easy to create new and customize existing product types.
Under this Edit drop-down menu, a dialog box has several options for designing quick steps. If you aren’t sure what to select from here just make your own custom Quick Steps.
You can find many features in the box that are majorly used. Some of them are predesigned and available in the box while some other ones may require additional homework.
- Move to Folder
- Copy to Folder
- Delete message
- Mark as read
- Mark as unread
- Set important
- Categorize message
- Clear Categories
- Flag Message
- Clear flag on Message
- Mark Complete
- Create a Task with an attachment
- Create a Task with Text of Message
- New Message
- And Reply all
- Reply with meeting
- Forward messages as an attachment
- New Meeting
- Create an appointment with the attachment
- Create an appointment with the text of Message
- Always move messages in this conversation
- Ignore messages in this conversation
These options can be used individually, or mixed together to make countless combinations of shortcuts. With the combination of shortcuts keys of Outlook, you only have one command.
That’s How Microsoft Outlook Quick-Step works.
Let’s just run through a quick example of how to create one single button that will allow the user to click and bring up a dropdown menu.
- After clicking the custom button mentioned above >> Edit quick step dialog box pops up.
- Name Your Quick-Step (for instance – Move and Mark)
- Select the action move to folder, here you have to assign the folder for these specific emails.
- Click Add action and select mark as read.
- The Final Step assigning a shortcut key.
- Click Finish & your new Quick-Step will appear in the Quick Steps box in Outlook.
You can also add some text that will be automatically displayed when you hover over the Quick-Step with your pointer.
How To Manage Quick-Step? (Delete / Edit)
Once you have created your own quick step in Outlook, you can Manage Quick Steps.
- Open Outlook >> Click to Home Tab >> Go to quick steps >> Click the small arrow at the bottom right of the Quick Steps group on the Ribbon.
- Manage Quick Step dialog box appears, there are few options like Edit, Duplicate & Delete
- Edit– Edit option help you to redesign impose some changes into your existing quick step.
- Duplicate– Duplicate options create a copy of your quickstep with slight deference in it. you can make some other changes like color category and shortcut key.
- Delete– Delete function permanently delete your quick step from the system.
Additionally, you can reorder the numbering of your list by clicking the up and down arrows on either side of each spotlight.
Reset to Default – Clicking on Reset to Default option will reset the existing quick steps back to the default and remove any changes you’ve made. It also removes any new quick steps you’ve created.
Once you click the reset button in Outlook a warning popup will appear. If you confirm this action, it cannot be reversed.
How To Export Outlook Quick Steps?
Exporting Quick Steps on Outlook 2010 is a bit tricky. If you need to keep your Quick Steps and use them on Outlook 2010, then you will be required to use a third-party software for the benefit of converting the Quick Stops.
How To Create and Use Template in Outlook Web App (OWA)?
Outlook Web App offers templates to its users which automate processes and streamline workflow. Here are a few areas where they can come in handy:
- Open Outlook Web App (Outlook.com)
- Login to your account >> Click New message from the left hand top corner.
- In the lower right corner of the New Message window, click on the “My Templates” icon.
- Outlook comes with some default templates that are ready to use, but if you need to create a new template from scratch then all you have to do is click the ‘+’ icon and type out the name of your template so that anyone else can view and edit it accordingly.
- Click on Save. Your customized template has been saved under the My Templates option which you can use simply by clicking on it and it will appear in the body of a new message. You can edit this template or delete everything if you want to start over.
Hopefully this article has been informative and easy to understand. Drop your comments in the comments section below,