How To Remove Email Account From Outlook is a widely used email client that allows users to send and receive emails. You can mute your Outlook inbox when the number of messages received in said inbox becomes overwhelming by using Outlook’s rule function.
This tool allows you to create rules for specific purposes for example, in order to filter out spammy email accounts that are usually so hard to get rid of from your inbox.
In this article, you will learn a complete tutorial on how to delete an email account from Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook only acts as a platform for multiple emails and deactivating an email account from Outlook doesn’t deactivate the email account from the server.
You will still be able to access your Microsoft account through other platforms as you can, for example, create/update your Facebook profile using an app like Microsoft Connector, this way you will be able to manage other social accounts without ever having to use a browser.
You can access the email account from the main server or browser (this may be different depending on what you use).
Why do I want to delete the Account in Outlook?
Email is a great way to stay in touch with old pals-it’s also to share your opinion, banter back and forth, or even send photos! If you want to send more than 140 characters at a time, you can attach files such as documents, photos and spreadsheets.
Unfortunately, once you delete your email, you won’t be able to access any of those files anymore. The reason why anybody wants to delete their email accounts is that they no longer wish to be contacted by various marketers, firms or companies and prefer instead not to have stuff saved on their hard drives that might compromise their personal privacy.
- Hard to manage multiple accounts at a time.
- Miss important email due to tons of inflow.
- Junk/Spammy emails notification causes trouble.
- Excess to email account closed by service provider.
- Other multiple reasons
How To Delete Outlook Account?
Deleting a mail account from the Microsoft Outlook application is quite simple. This article will present you with the quick and easy steps to help delete your email account. To delete an email account
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click File Tab upper left corner of the screen >> Info >> Account Settings >> Account Settings
- Account Settings dialogue box appears >> Select the email address you like to remove
- Click Remove
A warning message pops up “Account information will be removed from your mobile device.” This only affects the account information stored on your computer/mobile device.
- Click Yes to confirm.
There is another option to remove Outlook using Control Panel.
- Close Microsoft Outlook if open.
- Click Win + R >> Type control panel >> Click on the Mail (Microsoft Outlook) icon.
Click on the Email Accounts button from the Mail Setup dialogue box.
- The next step will lead you to the Account Settings dialogue box. This is where you can edit your address book and remove the email addresses you no longer want to receive updates from.
- Click Remove
- A window appears. It has many bolded and red words stating, “WARNING! Are you sure you want to remove the Google Account? Any content that is offline cached will be deleted. By removing this account, it will also be removed on all devices using it”.
- Click Yes to confirm.
One of the most common mistakes you can make while using a PST file is to delete your emails and then later realize you need them back.
This happens when you accidentally delete emails before saving a copy or once the PST file gets damaged there’s no way to recover the deleted items unless you take help from some third-party tool like Outlook PST repair software.
How To Remove Account But Keep Emails In Outlook?
How many times do you get asked why you deleted an old email address and how it was done? This question arises frequently as many people don’t realize they can recover their messages from that email account.
There are many advantages to using a desktop email client like Outlook over webmail. You may have lost your emails due to formatting, accidental deletion or corruption of Outlook PST files.
- Export entire account
- Manually select specific emails and keep the copy
For exporting the entire account before removing it from Outlook
- Click on file tab >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Export to a file >> Commo separated Values >> Select folder to export from >> Select the location >> Click OK
Your email data is saved in your external source, now you can easily delete the account from Outlook. You can further use the emails data by importing back to outlook, for that you don’t need an account to be added.
Remove An Account But Keep Its Email With Copying And Pasting
The process we have chosen to go through allows you to keep the email in your external drive by copying it before removing the account. Follow the step-by-step guide.
- Select your email address from the left navigation panel and open the folder.
- Select emails one by one, press the Ctrl + A keys at the same time.
- All your email messages are selected, now click Ctrl + C to copy and Click Ctrl + V to paste the email message into the external folder outside Outlook.