We Couldn’t Create The Outlook Data File is a single interface that allows you to add multiple email addresses (official or personal) no matter from different servers. In this way, any of your colleagues or clients can reach you in order to discuss any matter related to your project.
Outlook is a popular electronic mail software, mainly developed by Microsoft. When configuring your email accounts, you may receive the error message: “We couldn’t create the Outlook data file” when adding your Gmail account.
There are also users who say that their Gmail account can work without any errors but other accounts do not display this symptom. Other reports on this same issue suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook in order to resolve the issue.
This seems to be an isolated problem related only to MDaemon and Windows Vista/7 with Outlook 2007/2010. The most current solution I have encountered is that you disconnect from your Email account and then sign back in again. This method has resolved many people’s issues.
Here are ways to make Outlook work again with a newly configured email account.
What are the causes of “we couldn’t create the Outlook data file”?
When a server error pops up, it feels annoying and frustrating. We don’t want you to feel that way. Thus we’ve made these tips for Google Chrome in case you’re getting 404 errors.
- Inadequate memory in your system: There are times when the computer’s hardware is completely filled with data or temporary files. This can happen quite often if various applications and services are running in the background of your computer and not all of them may be necessary.
- Outlook bug: Digital platforms sometimes resist simple action because of Outlook bug errors, adding an account from the Add account option encounter the process of adding an account into Outlook, You can which to different method of adding the account.
- Experts state that disabling the “Enable simplified account creation” option if you are using Outlook can help resolve issues related to the “Cannot Create Account” error when working with the software on a workstation running Windows XP Professional. This option can be disabled in the same way on other operating systems and versions of Office.
- Add Using Control Panel: Adding an Office 365 or other email accounts from the control panel can help you to resolve this issue however if that does not work then continue reading.
- Enable “IMAP” on your Gmail account: Once you create a Gmail account, you must modify it and allow IMAP to configure into Outlook.
How to fix [Step by Step Process]
Every problem has its solution, Let’s discuss step by step process of the above issues.
Check Hard Disk Space Availability
- Open System Folder >> Click on My Computer/My PC
- Below Devices and drives, you’ll see all of the available hard disks that are attached to your PC. The main drive is where your operating system resides as well as a few others like My Computer, which shows the capacity in MB, GB or TB.
In the case you are already experiencing space problems, it’s recommended that users make at least 2 to 3 GBs of data available for smooth operating of Outlook.
There are multiple ways to create space:
- Remove unwanted files and data to gain some space.
- Delete Windows cache.
- Download Run CCleaner to clean temporary files
Disable Simplified Account Creation [Step by Step Process]
The process of creating an account using the Connect Outlook to Office 365 wizard is called simplified account creation. The username and password that you enter during this process could be the cause of your problems connecting to the server.
You’ve wanted to switch to a new email provider and download a mail app? If your email account is hosted on our servers, this is an easy process that you can do yourself.
- Click Windows + R keys from your keyboard >> Type [Regedit and Hit OK]
- The Registry Editor dialogue window opens up, navigate to the following path using the pan on the left side/or copy the path in the address bar and
Use the mouse and right-click, Select New then choose DWORD Value (32-bit).
- Name this new value DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation.
- Double click/or click right to the folder. Set the Value data to 1 and press OK.
Finally, you have successfully disabled Simplified Account Creation. The new process to add new accounts will be implemented this week.
Setup Email account using Control Panel
Adding an Account from Control Panel is a simpler way to do so. Open the Control Panel of your system. There are multiple ways to navigate it, but the easiest approach is as follows.
- Click Win + R
- Enter the control panel and Hit Ok.
- Click on Mail (Microsoft Outlook) from the list.
- Select ‘Email Accounts’ from the ‘Mail setup box’.
- Now click “Email Accounts” on the left-hand corner of the screen and you’ll see an “Add Account” window. Select “Email account”.
- Now fill out all the text fields carefully and check off ‘Log in automatically’ before clicking next. Then click on ‘Next’. By performing these actions you will add your account successfully.
Steps to Enable IMAP in your Gmail account
When you’re creating an account using Outlook, you will usually need to modify your IMAP setting so that emails are sent successfully to your email inbox. Following are the complete steps.
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of your Gmail account. Select ”See all Settings” to see a multi-pane UI that lets you manage various settings of your email account.
- In the Settings section, choose “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”, enter your email address and password to log in, then click on the “Enable IMAP” box in the “IMAP Access” section.
Click “Save Changes” from the bottom of the screen.
Bonus Tip: If all else fails, then we recommend restarting Microsoft Outlook. Doing so will reset any technical issues and help Outlook to work smoothly without any backups.
Hopefully now you have a clearer idea of how to get rid of the problem “We couldn’t create the Outlook data file,” followed by a few helpful tricks so that it doesn’t happen again.