Recently, there have been a few reports about an error code 0x0 0x0 that users of Windows 8.1 have been experiencing on their computers. The numeric code associated with an error code is often useful for providing more detail on what might be causing the problem or where the problem occurred when you are trying to fix it by troubleshooting it yourself.
It has come to our attention that some of you have experienced problems with various applications not working as expected. The issue is often but not exclusively caused by application crossover, conflicting system settings and/or hardware issues.
We’d like to remind you that in order to solve the problem and improve your overall system performance it’s best to consider fixing all these issues (if any) and restarting your device. Once these are taken care of try launching the application again and see if it works fine now or if there are still issues present.
Eliminate Competing Programs
Problems that occur in software are likely to be caused by the conflict of two or more programs, and it’s best to quit all other running software before resolving the issue.
Here is what you need to do:
- Press Ctrl–Alt–Del on your keyboard simultaneously to launch the Task Manager. You will see a list of all the applications currently running.
- Right-click each and select End Process from the list of options available.
- Pay attention to recurring elements in the error message. Once you have identified the problematic application, uninstall it, and then reinstall it. Then check if this fixes the 0x0 0x0 error.
Use Your Computer Repair Application
Windows comes with its own repair application. This is an application that fixes all the errors in your computer automatically and makes sure that everything works just as it’s supposed to.
- Launch the computer repair app on your Windows PC and make sure it is properly configured.
- Click on Scan Now. This will allow the utility to scan for issues within your operating system.
- Once the scan has been completed, click the ‘Fix All’ option. This should fix the issue.
Another way you can resolve this issue is to simply do a scan using the SFC and DISM commands:
Use the Disk Cleanup Utility
The Disk Cleanup utility by Microsoft can work the same way as any other cleaning software. It can remove unnecessary pieces of data including system files, temporary files, and any files which just take up space inside the computer. Cleanup can also clear out you recycle bin, freeing up some space on your computer.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open a Run dialogue box.
- Inside the text field of the dialogue box, type Cleanmgr.exe and hit Enter.
- This should start the Disk cleanup utility. Wait for the process to complete, and then check if the issue is resolved.
Reinstall the Graphics Driver
A faulty graphics driver may cause the 0x0 error code to appear. To solve this problem, please install the latest graphics drivers for your computer’s operating system.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open a Run dialogue box.
- Inside the text field of the dialogue box, type devmgmt.MSC and hit Enter to launch Device Manager.
- Alternatively, you can also type Device Manager in the search area of your taskbar and select Open.
- Once you are inside the Device Manager, locate and expand the Display adapters option.
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select Uninstall device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed and once done, restart your PC. Windows will automatically install the latest driver version following your restart.
- Upon reboot, install the driver back from the official laptop manufacturer’s support website and check if that fixes the 0x0 0x0 error.
Install the Pending Updates
Whenever a computer operates or runs on an older version of its OS, it becomes prone to issues and performance freezes. When an issue does arise and happens abruptly without warning, the best solution is to ensure that there are pending for your PC updates (if any) prior to reopening the desired program.
Follow these steps to install the pending updates on your PC:
- Launch Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I keys simultaneously.
- Click on Updates & Security from the context menu available on your screen.
Pro TipsIf you’re running into any trouble with your computer or laptop/notebook, do not fret! The Restore Repair tool has been tailored just for your convenience so that our talented squad can fix up and repair whatever it is that may be wrong or broken on your device. In most cases, system corruption can be rectified by using the Restore option in McAfee Internet Security. To restore your system for this particular threat. Clicking Here
3. Select Windows Update from the left panel and then click on Check for updates in the right pane.
4. If the system shows any pending updates that need to be installed, install them one by one.
5. Once done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved.
Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
With a clean boot-up, Windows boots as fast and lean as it can so if you do encounter problems with your game or software, we can find exactly where the problem is coming from. Clean booting Windows helps diagnose problems associated with automatic updates, applications, drivers and other programs on your PC.
Remember, however, that you must be logged into your PC as an Administrator to troubleshoot using the Clean Boot mode. First, start your PC in Safe mode and check if the 0x0 0x0 issue appears in it. If it does not occur in Safe mode, proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open a Run dialogue box.
- In the text field of the dialogue box, type MSConfig and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can also type ‘System Configuration’ in the search area of your taskbar and click Open.
- In the General tab, select Normal startup.
- Then, head over to the Startup tab and check the box against Hide all Microsoft services.
- Next, click on the Disable all button.
- Hit Apply and then OK.
- Finally, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.
Reset Your PC
As a last resort, you can always try resetting your computer when things go wrong with it. This should be considered the last effort for resolving any problems related to your computer. It’s a fantastic tool to use when you are in doubt about what the exact cause of your Windows problem may be. It erases any software you have installed and reinstalls Windows again, thus resolving the 0x0 0x0 error once and for all.
Here is all that you need to do:
- Launch Windows Settings and navigate to System.
- Inside the System window, select Recovery from the left pane.
- Click on the Get Started button under Reset this PC in the right pane.
- Now choose one from Keep my files or Remove everything as per your preferences.
- The next screen will ask you to choose from “Cloud download” and “Local reinstall”.Reinstalling locally is your best option when your system is generally operating normally and if you simply want to clear out your data and settings and begin again. Cloud download might help you in case you have corrupted system files.
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
- Finally hit the Reset button and wait for the process to complete. Upon restart, the 0x0 0x0 issue will hopefully be resolved.
TipsIf none of the methods in the Resource Kit has resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan your repositories to replace any corrupt or missing files. If a system has been affected by malware, data loss or corruption, and the issue is not addressed in a timely manner, most computers will typically become slow or many functions will no longer work. Restoro’s innovative design also optimizes your computer for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here.